The following rules for the monthly Bible Bowl were adopted by the Bible Bowl leaders during a general meeting at Valdosta Church of Christ on April 28, 1996, with certain revisions made during a meeting at Littleville Church of Christ in October, 1999.
JUNIOR TEAM ages are Kindergarten through 6th grade.
SENIOR TEAM ages are 7th grade through 12th grade.
Bible Bowls are conducted on the FOURTH (4th) Sunday afternoon of the months of September, October, January, February, March & April beginning at 2:00 p.m.
The questions are to be taken from the King James Version only.
Questions are to be taken from no more than three chapters. Chapters to be covered will be determined each month by the group leaders. Any number of children may take part on any team Two Judges are to be selected to answer any questions that might arise.
1. Test will consist of 20 questions.
2. Closed book test for Seniors.....open book test for Juniors.
3. Twenty (20) minutes will be allowed for each written test.
4. Answers do not have to be "word for word," except for direct quotes.
5. Each congregation is to be tested in separate classroom.
6. Each class will have one test sheet and be tested on group effort.
7. Each answer counts for one (1) point.
1. Test will consist of ten (10) questions.
2. The Junior team will have a DIFFERENT set of questions from the Senior team (oral questions only) due to ages difference.
3. Each team is encouraged to work together in answering questions.
4. Answers do not have to be "word for word" except for direct quotes.
5. Each answer counts fbr one(1) point.
6. A limit of 30 seconds per question.
TIES will be determined by oral questions submitted to the teams in the tie.